We're Scholar Health.We would love to work with you.
As a staffing agency, your employment with us is done as a 1099 contractor - so it is completely flexible and you get to decide how and when you want to work. Many professionals who work with us have other jobs and choose to work with us to find fulfilling part-time or telehealth work. There is NO OBLIGATION to work with us once you are enrolled with us as a contractor.
Clinics around the country hire us to match them with extraordinary healthcare professionals who fit their criteria and are eager to work with them. So, like with all staffing agencies, clinics pay us, and we pay you.
Your compensation depends on a number of factors, including your desired working hours, specialty, clinical interests, whether you want to be on call, etc.
In order for us to work with you and bill for services rendered, we need to credential you as a healthcare professional with Medicare and the relevant third party insurance companies in your area (such as Blue Cross, United, etc.)
So, this information you are providing will be used for two purposes:
- To help us link you with the perfect job of your dreams! The magic of our system is when it is with the hours you choose - the specialty you love - and a clinic that will pay you top dollar in accordance with your specialty and standing.
- To credential you as a provider under Scholar Health MD LLC so that when you begin at the job you love, we can bill for it to ensure you get compensated fairly!
How long does this process take?
- Finding you the perfect match takes approximately 1 to 3 weeks.
- IN TELEMEDICINE POSITIONS: IMMEDIATELY! You can start working immediately with most employers - even while your Medicare and third party-payer enrollment is underway. This is because MOST telemedicine positions are employer sponsored and do not require insurance credentialing.
- IN TRADITIONAL CLINIC OR HOME-CARE POSITIONS: You typically have to wait until you are credentialed with at least Medicare before you can start working. This may take anywhere from 30-120 days, depending on whether you have already been credentialed with that third party payer before or not.
If you have any further questions - please feel free to contact your career coach:
The Scholar Health Team